Thursday, September 10, 2009

Feeling at Home.


September 9, 2009

Today was pretty sweet. I woke up bright and early to go to my first official meeting for the new restaurant in M.B. It made me feel so much better about my living sitch and about my money sitch. I think it's gonna take a lot of stress off of me. Super, super excited to start working down here!

Then I went to the mall with Nikki and Roger, got my eyebrows threaded (which is awesome, btw, if you've never had it done before, it's sooo much better then waxing!), bought some new jeans and spent money I shouldn't have spent.

Then hung out at the apt until work, carpooled there with Roger and made absolutely no money this evening. There was no one there. I had a total of about 7 tables in the 5 hours that I was there and only one of them was a 4 top...in restaurant speak, that's pretty bad.

I've made some awesome plans with one of my co-workers though. We're gonna set up weekly meetings with one another to motivate ourselves to further our acting careers. I'm pretty stoked! Our first meeting is next friday and our goal for next week (we're gonna set a goal for each week) is to buy a book recommended by one of my acting teachers and have started reading it by next Wednesday. It's a book about confidence...that thing that makes the great actors really shine. We both could use some of that these days. I just think this will really help us both stay active and keep hustling until we are the next Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox. (I know that was a really random reference, but I admire those actresses because they both made a living doing what they love and I feel remained true to themselves the entire time.)

Well...now that my career and my job seem to be falling nicely into place, I'm still missing the man. But, I've heard often enough, you can't have it all!

I've been thinking about M2 and how I really, truly enjoyed the very short time I spent with him and do hope that he contacts me sometime. We didn't exchange numbers...I just always feel now like, what's the point?

It just leads to false hope that they'll call or stay in touch. Bullshit. I have tomorrow and Friday off, so I hope I get into some trouble. I'm lookin' for it!

I'll update tomorrow!

Keep your dreams big and keep chasing them! One day you're bound to succeed or at the very least get further than you ever imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment