Saturday, September 12, 2009

Not the end...but the BEGINNING.


September 12, 2009.

So, I've reached a major decision. I am finished with this blog. I realized something scary today. I've spent the last 255 days of this year focusing on men when all I wanted to do was have a year without them. I've given the men in my life too much credit and too much opportunity to rule my emotions. They don't deserve this much responsibility and neither do I. Therefore, I would like to spend the next 110 days of my year focusing on me. My likes, my dislikes and what makes me happy.

I won't stop blogging. I'm starting a new blog and titling it “The last 110 days”. My goal is for the rest of the year, each and every day I am going to try something I've never tried before. Hairstyles, makeup, clothing, food, socializing, books, etc and so forth. I hope you will tune in to my new blog and I hope you enjoy it 110% more than this one.

Someone just informed me today that this blog just “sounds so sad” and they were absolutely right. Because I'm putting all my energy and focus into what makes me sad...my relationship with men. So now I'm moving forward and putting all my energy and focus into what makes me happy...my relationship with myself. Hopefully 110 days are enough to restore the person inside, who I know is waiting so anxiously to get released from jail!

Thank you my loyal followers for being so friendly, helpful, supportive and non judgmental!

8 comments:

  1. But...I just got here...oh hell, OK, I'll check out the new one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've loved reading about your life Irene, I don't think this blog is sad! Sometimes, you just want to get out what's pounding inside your head. I look forward to reading your new blog and I hope the rest of your 2009 goes well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men are ridiculous. I'll be sure to tune in over at the other blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang. I've been neglecting my own blogspot links for months, and finally trying to caught up on everything today. Now it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like this new idea and you know i will follow your new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have my 110% support. i love this discovery you made.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww Im sad that your leaving. but im gonna start reading the new blog!

    ReplyDelete