Sunday, March 22, 2009

Fate?

March 22, 2009

Spent today on set again, it was pretty miserable. Thought about Seattle a lot. He sent me a text saying he needed my email because he wants to write me something more substantial (than a text msg.), so I gave him my email and told him I better receive a letter by the time I get home.

At the end of the day one of the guys on set started chatting with me and trying to remember my name (we had introduced ourselves earlier) and he kept guessing, I was not giving him any clues and he said, “Man, this will be really awkward when I ask for your number later.” Ugh. So he finally got it and he did in fact ask for the digits. I avoided saying yes or no and we got sidetracked with checking out, but he stuck around. Then approached me again while I was waiting for Miguel and asked for my number a second time. Another extra came over and accidentally cock blocked, thank goodness, so I stalled for another two minutes. Then he asked a third time and I said, “Well, the thing is, I don’t date and usually the only reason guys want a number is because they’re interested in dating.” Whenever I say, “I don’t date” what I really mean is “I’m not going to have sex with you.” Maybe I should just start saying that instead, because I don’t think guys get it. So, I gave him my number and told him I just wanted to be clear. Weird. It was also strange because we had barely talked all day and on top of that I literally looked like shit. Why would anyone find me attractive at that moment in time?

Got off set by 5pm, rushed Miguel home, stopped by my house for two seconds and literally the moment I got home, I checked my email and found no message from Seattle, I started to leave and my phone beeped, it was a text from him saying he just sent it. I glanced at my comp screen and saw an email had just popped up entitled, “Fate?” I didn’t have time to read it. I rushed to improv.

Made it to improv on time. Received the honor of being elected the new captain of ‘Detour Improv Comedy’ – eek, more responsibility. Ran our rehearsal, which was way weird for me to do, but I think I’ll adjust quickly. Tanya noticed that my ring had moved from my left to my right since the last time we saw eachother. I explained that I hadn’t done it intentionally, but had left it because it just feels more natural on my right anyway. She replied, “Oh, I thought you just met someone” and I said, “Well, I did.”

Got home just about an hour ago now. Wanted to call Seattle on my ride home, but I don’t know what’s kosher yet or not. Read his email. It was just what I wanted to hear. I’m gonna leave it at that for now, because I want to kind of keep it solely for me. I rarely do that with things. But this one’s for my eyes only.

I’m extremely exhausted and have to get up again tomorrow at 5am, so I’m off to sleep, but I’ll give more details on stuff tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment