Sunday, January 18, 2009

A Bit Unrefined

January 17, 2009.

Wow. What a night. I ended up going to Pineapple with an entourage of people, drinking way too many drinks, paying for the whole bill (I feel generous and forget I’m broke when I’m drunk), coming back to my apartment, drinking some more with Pete and Ryan and literally spilling my guts all over the bathroom floor. Sorry if that’s too graphic, but I promised honesty!

I can usually hold my liquor. Yes, I get clumsy and fall down, but I never, I repeat, never throw up. Unfortunately, last night I decided rum and cokes mixed with a shot of baileys, plum wine, tequila and whiskey sounded like a fun plan. Dear God, what a horrible idea.

But, I have to say, I’m proud of myself for going to bed alone and to my knowledge, I didn’t make out with anyone. At least I hope I didn’t. Man, I sound like a mess. And yes, last night I was. But, I assure you that usually I’m a very well behaved lady.

It was fun last night though at the bar, because it was a whole big group of us, and I was far from being the fifth wheel like I worried I would be. There were three bachelors that joined us as well. People I know through Nate; Pete and Ryan, who are both also from NY and Seth, who’s from New Jersey and works with Nate.

I’ve known Pete for about a year now. When we first met, he had a crush on me and kept trying to get me to go out with just him, but I avoided. Nate was upset at him too, because he doesn’t like the idea of his friends dating me. I don’t know, a territorial thing maybe? Or maybe he just knows how much of a man-eater I am…kidding! Anywho, we’ve all managed to remain just friends. Last night though, I was feeling my loneliness rise with each drink. When Pete and Ryan came back with me and we continued to drink, I kept trying to convince them to sleepover. But it was for selfish reasons. I thought Pete might cuddle with me. I’m a terrible person. I’m super glad that didn’t happen so things can remain friendly between us and not get awkward. I don’t need anymore notches.

Today was spent in my pajamas on the couch. It was super nice. I feel embarrassed about last night too, but everyone makes mistakes and only my roomies could hear me in my misery, it’s not like I threw up in front of people. So I keep telling myself that next week is a fresh start. It’s gonna be an even better week than I just had. I promise to act a bit more refined.

No comments:

Post a Comment