Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A Proposal? So soon?

January 21, 2009

8am, I woke up to a marriage proposal. Ok, so maybe it was a marriage text and it was at 8:37am, but it was still a proposal. My friend Jeff, who lives in Chicago, text me most randomly this morning. I feel like everyone I met last summer has just come back into my life and all in three days…I’ve heard from 8 of my coworkers/friends from my catering job. There must be a reason for this.

Jeff continued to text me silly things about how we’d have a honeymoon on the moon and even though we can’t afford it, “our love will pay for everything.” I know he was joking about everything. He’s gay. As for as I know, he’s gay. And he’s a drug addict. So I don’t quite know what kind of future I would have with a gay drug addict, but it would be thrilling! That’s for sure!

Also, I talked to Kyle last night, who is on his way into town with the newest band he’s tour managing. He informed me that they would be staying at Chez Irene’s this evening. I have yet to tell the roommates. What a nice surprise!

Margaret and I have our Women’s Study church group tonight for the first time. I’m looking forward to it. No men. What a change of pace. Then we come home to a house full of men. Men in bands…hmmm. This will most definitely make for a comical evening. There will not be a drop of alcohol on my lips! I think I’m gonna have to play the mother figure this evening. I hope this works out and our apartment doesn’t explode!!

I’m frightened. Updates soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment