Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Going to Hawaii

January 20, 2009.

I’ve been invited to go to Hawaii. Sounds great, yes? Roundtrip for $400. What? Craziness. And he’s offering to pay for me. No, this is not a joke. My friend Steve, whom I know from my catering job last summer, was in town tonight for his birthday. He invited me to join him and some friends out at ‘The Room’ in Hollywood. I got Miguel and Lee to join me. They’re awesome, I’m super excited that they’re up for hanging out as much as I’m up for going out!

Anywho, we met Steve and co. there around 10:30pm. It was a pretty cool place. Steve was updating me on his life; we’ve only kept in touch through occasional text messages, so we had lots to catch up on. He mentioned that he’s going to Hawaii in February and looking for someone to go with him. He said he’s been before and it was no fun because he doesn’t like doing nothing by himself.

Now here in lies my dilemma. Steve’s really fun and really cool. I could totally spend a week in Hawaii with him. But, don’t guys only invite girls on vacation that they want to fuck? Excuse my French. Steve and I have never been more than friends. We’ve never kissed, never really flirted that much, and just been super cool with one another. But seriously…is he only inviting me to get laid? How do I tell him that I’d love to go, but am in no position to be sleeping with anyone and am definitely not looking for a relationship? Wouldn’t that put a damper on the whole week? I think so.

Plus, it’s Hawaii. Gorgeous sunsets, amazing beaches, palm trees galore, hula dancers, pina coladas, and so many more romantic things combined with a major consumption of those gloriously fruity cocktails would definitely make Irene in the mood for some lovin’. Attraction or not, those things would definitely make me open to suggestion. So, I guess the bottom line is, I’m not going to Hawaii. I’d love to. But, I can’t.

To top this crazy week off, I’ve got a band that’s going to be staying here tomorrow night and possibly Thursday night, unbeknownst to my roommates. We’ll see how that plays out! A house full of boys and guitars…mmm, I think I’ve always dreamed of that. 

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment