Thursday, February 19, 2009

Women Start Your Engines...


February 19, 2009.

I was just at the gas station and when I pulled up I noticed a rather attractive gentleman pumping gas behind me. It got me to thinking…what if women started treating men the way men treat women? As in, what if I just kept eyeballing him and maybe whistled and hollered, “Looking good, beautiful.” What a strange and different world we would live in.

But also, seriously, maybe if we started doing that to men, granted I’m sure they’d enjoy it, but maybe they’d realize how much of a piece of meat it makes them seem like. Who am I kidding?! I know they’d love it. But it would give women a whole lot more power, I think.

Perhaps I’ll try it sometime. What do I have to lose? I mean women wait and wait and wait for the right guy to come along and “hopefully” like them enough to ask them out and then hopefully like them enough to start a meaningful relationship that leads to marriage and lots and lots of babies. But why does the woman have to wait?

What if we all started preying on the men we wanted? Would guys just be totally turned off? Or would there be more, happier matches. No more guessing games for the men. No more longing and hoping for the women. Hmm…what a world it would be.

Well, tomorrow is Ray’s birthday and a group of us are going out to “Outback Steakhouse” for a big birthday dinner. Miguel and Lee are coming and we’re all getting fancied up. I’m a little worried about it though, because Ray keeps saying, “There’s 12 of us going! That makes 6 couples!” I guess that makes me and Ray a couple. And then the other day on the phone he was saying how ironic it is that most the couples coming are married…eeek. Pressure much? I don’t need or want that.

Also, the whole cold sore thing is still skeeving me out. I don’t think I could ever even kiss him on the lips until I knew for sure that he was free of herpes. I don’t want that to be a possibility in my future ever. I mean…do cold sores always mean someone has herpes or can it sometimes be something completely different and how do you ever know?? Gross. I feel kind of bad because I'm excited to dress up tomorrow and go out with a big group and what not but is that leading Ray on? Because I definitely don’t think I want anything more than friendship with him. He’s great, but two things I just can’t look past…

Humph, I wish guys and girls didn’t have to make everything so complicated. Ugh. I’m sure I’ll have a great story after tomorrow night’s dinner…can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment