Friday, August 21, 2009

Don't Worry, Be Happy!


August 21, 2009.

I got away for a night and it was just what the doctor ordered. I think L.A. is the cause of all my symptoms. I was feeling so stressed and angry for no reason. I didn't realize this until I was in the middle of Yucca Valley spending time with one of my best friends (Ike) and his Aunt and 8 yr old cousin. Real people, with real values and real lives. It was just what I needed.

Ike is great. He's spent the entire week there with his family helping out because his Aunt is struggling with cancer as well as being a single parent. So he's basically been a 25 year old father of two for the week (his cousin's friend has spent almost every day with them also). I just sat back and watched as he nonchalantly took care of these two 8 yr. old girls and what respect they gave him! Every word they listened to. He barely had to raise his voice and they understood he meant business.

Ladies...Ike's a catch! He's fun, he's smart and damn he's gonna be a great dad someday!

I told him I'm proud to have a friend like him. I really am. It's been about 10yrs that we've known one another now and he is irreplaceable. Why have we never been together, you might ask? Well, two reasons 1) because he dated my cousin/best friend and you just don't cross those lines and 2) because I would never ever want to fuck up the relationship we have right now. He's one of the greatest guy friends I ever/will ever have. I love him!

Man, but in the short amount of time I just spent with his family, it just made me realize I need to take a step back from L.A. every once in awhile. It gets to be too intense. I also realized I have a goal for myself: I want to take a trip to Europe. A nice long, soul searching trip.

I don't know when this will happen, but I'm gonna start raising funds and picking places that I must see. This will happen before I'm thirty! I'm positive. I'd like to go with someone, but right now, I don't have to know who it will be. I'm not quite ready to decide yet.

Hmm...

Heard from Drummer today. He's adorable, I think he was in my dream last night.

Haven't heard from North. At all. Tomorrow's saturday, so maybe tomorrow.

Broke the cleanse a bit last night so that I could eat dinner with Ike and the girls. My stomach doesn't completely hate me!! But I'm gonna do the cleanse still for the next few days. I just want to feel like I have a clean slate.

Alright. Performance tonight. Moving stuff and a possible audition tomorrow. Life is good. No need to stress!

No comments:

Post a Comment