Saturday, April 11, 2009

*Caution* Curveball ahead


April 11, 2009.

So, I get a text from a number I don’t have saved: “Bye *smiley face*”. I had a feeling I knew who it was but wasn’t totally sure, so I responded, “I don’t have this number saved, who is this?” And about five minutes later I get: “You waved goodbye, so I said, ‘bye’”.

Ok, so it was Lenny, the bankteller at my bank that I always end up getting. We’ve always chatted and exchanged flirtatious smiles here and there, but it’s never progressed. Today, while I was depositing my checks he nonchalantly asked my plans for tomorrow and I told him that I’m just doing dinner with friends since my family is all back in NY and he threw in, “No dinner plans with the boyfriends family?” and I smiled and said, “No, no boyfriend. I’m a busy woman.” Ha, I knew what he was doing…so ridiculous. Right after, I kicked myself and thought, “Damn! I should’ve said, no because my boyfriend lives in Seattle.” Too late.

Now, Lenny has my number. Which I’m not sure whether to flattered? Worried? Creeped out? I mean he got it from my profile in the banks database, which I’m sure is totally illegal to use unless its for business related purposes. But, I don’t know, it makes me smile. He’s real sweet and I’m not gonna lie, I used to wish he’d work up the nerve to ask me to dinner or something. But, now I’ve got Seattle in my life and I just don’t know what to do about that.

Oh life. Always throwing curveballs…gotta love it. Off to another crazy night at work!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot going on right now!! Looking forward on hearing how your trip to see Seattle goes:) I was surfing the blogs and came across yours...I was caught up in all your stories..very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete