Tuesday, April 28, 2009

This is hard!!!


April 28, 2009.

Wowza. Nothin’ much doin’ today, I had a doc appt and then worked out…but last night! Oh, boy! I went to kickboxing with the ladies and then came home to change and go out with Nikki. Seattle called while I was getting ready so I let him watch me do my makeup on Skype…how fascinating.

After I was all dolled up and ready to go, I text Nikki and she told me she decided to be responsible and stay in to do some homework. Blah. So, there I was all dolled up and no place to go. Well, it worked out, I chatted away on Skype with Seattle.

Now, here’s my dilemma. I don’t know if Skype is helping or harming our LDR (Long-distance relationship). It’s such a tease. Before, when you’re just on the phone, you’re kind of removed from the idea that you can’t touch or kiss or be near one another. But with Skype, it’s just like you’re in the same room, but are not allowed to reach out and touch. It’s the whole museum affect. You can look but can’t touch, but just that rule makes it so much harder to be good!

We talked forever, again, of course. And we started getting a wee bit adventurous. We played strip trivia over Skype. Proud to say I won! (Phew). And I wasn’t gonna hold Seattle to it, I know it’s a bit awkward and perhaps not a good idea to get nakey over the internet, but after about five minutes of hemming and hawing, he gave in and gave me a little show. Or, er, big show, I should say!

It was nice.

I’ve noticed though that in our conversations over Skype he tells of his frustration more than when we were just talking on the phone. And every time he says “this is hard” or “this is frustrating”, I expect it to be followed up with a “and not worth it”. Is it worth it? I guess only time will tell.

But I agree it’s very frustrating. My weeks are getting busy every passing moment and even taking a weekend out of town a month seems to throw off a lot of things. It is hard to leave your life behind even for three days.

This would be so much easier if we lived in the same town. Or at least within driving distance of one another. Humph. 23 days until I see him again. That’s too much.

Oh yeah. Todd called last night. He’s back in town. I didn’t answer. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment